Re: moving linux to new disk

On Saturday, February 10, 2001, Ronald W. Heiby commented thusly:

>I just finished using PowerQuest's Drive Image to copy my running
>Linux system (multiple partitions) onto a new drive. Everything runs
>along just fine until it tries to mount the root partition, then I
>get:

>I'm hopeful that someone here takes pity on me and tells me how to get
>past this, or at least points me to the documentation that does. So
>far, my searches through RedHat's web site and others have turned up
>nothing that seems to apply to my situation.

>Ron.

    I think that you might have a bad node problem in your previous HDD.
Boot from any other source and try running fsck (I think that's the name) or
any other disk repair utility on the bad HDD without mounting the /
filesystem of that HDD.

Regards,
Steve Fernandez.

"I am not young enough to know everything."