Re: installing RH 7

thanks you all from answering, but problem still remains.  i use besides those soyo mb with sis 530 chip amd k6-2 475 cpu, atapi cd-rom, ide hdd with enough empty room, ati vga (there is also sis vga on the motherboard but disabled) - as i understand they are all compatible with redhat 7.0.  is there any kind of conflict between those two vga's, or is it in the bios settings.       i know it's not very clear explanation here, but its 2 am  :)
install just won't go further than language selection, than drops. it detects cd-rom and hdd, keyboard, mouse and others.. it doesnt go also with text mode, not with expert mode ..
so, how can i get it work? i'm afraid i have some kind of spell on me (M$ won't let go :) , and could use some magic..

best for you,

indrek
amd cpu user since last century

    I've installed Fisher, earlier versions of Mandrake and Red Hat on my
system
(Acer motherboard, AMD k2/500). Perhaps it isn't the motherboard or CPU.
A more precise explanation, and some info on your hardware setup might give
a better clue to the cause of your problem.

                cheers,

                Elton Woo  ;-)

--
        eltonwoo videotron ca - ICQ#9984432 - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA.
              Registered Linux User #193975. AMD-K2 CPU on board.

"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable"