RE: Converting MS Outlook mail to Linux (ouch)

see mini-howto at www.linuxdoc.org

-----Original Message-----
From: karlp ourldsfamily com [mailto:karlp ourldsfamily com]
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 1:42 AM
To: 'redhat-install-list redhat com'
Subject: Re: Converting MS Outlook mail to Linux (ouch)

I hate to appear harsh, but after having thought I explained this a day or
so ago, I have to say, "You are wrong."

I've done it.

Don't use export.

Create an IMAP account on a Linux mail server and then move the folders
containing the emails you want to keep using simple drag and drop
techniques from the POP account to the IMAP account.

Folders are created, populated and then removed.

If you get an error saying that not all the messages could be moved and
the folder isn't empty and can't be deleted, you move the last email, then
delete the folder.

End of story.

I'll try to calm down now. For a minute there I thought I was dealing with
one of the "users" in my office.

Karl L. Pearson
Senior Consulting Systems Analyst
Senior Consulting Database Analyst