Re: bare bones install

Another way of 'trimming the fat' after the install is to do the
following as root:

rpm -qa > rpm.list
sort rpm.list > rpm.list.sort
less rpm.list.sort

Whenever you see a package that was installed that you don't want, or
don't know what it is, exit the pager and you can find out what the
package does by using 'rpm -qi <packagename>', and remove it w/ 'rpm -e
<packagename>'.  It's tedious, but AFAIK, it's about the only way to
really strip down a RedHat install.  Maybe someone out there has a
script that will strip a RedHat box down to the bare minimum, but I
haven't seen it yet if there is.

Monte