Re: 3D support

I may be wrong, but for V3 support you need to check out DRI at
http://dri.sourceforge.net. They should have instructions for setting up
Voodoo cards in Linux. And drivers and such as well.

Aciel

On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 03:41, John Nelson wrote:
Does Q3 know how to handle the Voodoo?  Survey the list of supported
boards on OpenGL.org.  Voodoo is primarily a 3DFX based accelerator and
might not support OpenGL (but I won't swear to this... Voodoo may handle
OpenGL just fine).

If the problem is that Linux isn't recognizing the card then I would
check out the XFree86 web site and the distributer of you Linux system
for drivers and support.

-- John

Liger-dc wrote:

    After reading this i went into my /home/user/.q3a/demoq3 dir and did a 'cp q3config.cfg
    default.cfg
    and it ran, now I just have to solve my problems where my system isnt recognizing my voodoo3 card

    --- Aciel <aciel speakeasy net> wrote:

        In Linux it's also a bit harder to make it work. The way I understand it
        is this. pk3 files are essentially virtual directories, very similar to
        tar'd files. default.cfg must be in one of those pk3's. I'm not sure
        which. You might call Q3 tech support. Better yet, install quake3 on a
        windows machine, start it up, and /writeconfig default. You might need
        to do /writeconfig default.cfg, and the slashes i typed may be
        backwards. Then copy all of your pk3 files on to your linux machine in
        the same directory layout, and there will be a config file for it to
        exec (hopefully).

        If this is unclear, feel free to email me.

        John Woods
        aciel speakeasy net
        Darkchapter.net Free Speech Message Board

        On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 04:47, John Nelson wrote: The error message is
        clearly complaining that you DON'T have the default.cfg.
        Put an empty file
        with the same name in a likely directory and see what
        happens.

        -- John

        Mugleston, Brad wrote:

            OK, here is the copy of the error I get - I don't have a default.cfg in any
            directory that looks like it belongs to Quake 3.  Any one have any
            suggestions?

            quake3
            Q3 1.11 linux-i386 Nov 24 1999
            ----- FS_Startup -----