RE: HP Vectra's & Linux

I've had some experience with Dell. They too, are worthless for running
Linux. At least when compared to some of the local built systems...

--
Karl L. Pearson
Senior Consulting Systems Analyst

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Weston Rogers wrote:

Ugh.  HP's run linux worse then any other prefab system I've ever seen.

I hate telling people to buy prefabs, but if you have to, and if you are
going to run linux on them, go with dell, or something like Penguin
Computing workstations (or VA linux, but I've had bad experience with them
and their servers, penguin on the other hand is top notch).

A Gateway will EAT up NT and run it like a champ, (well, as good as NT will
ever run... LOL) but they just suck for *nix.

Good luck trying to convince your "IT department".  I was a Network Admin in
a school campus Environment for a few years, and since I was seperate from
the so called "IT department" it got pretty intresting at times, considering
it took all 4 of them to install a network printer (not to mention 3 days of
them working on it) So needless to say I had to pound it into their head
that Gateway is worthless.

Wes