Stripping my system aka (Newbie getting brave!)

Is it possible for me to uninstall all the utils that have been packing into
the redhat distro? I don't use some of my boxes for anything other than one
specific task, ie either apache, MySQL, FTP box, or mail server.

How can I tell if one app depends on the app I'm about to remove? Is there
anyway to check?