RE: Linux Box would not power off

Hi Anthony

This is not a dual booted PC.

I checked the BIOS, nothing relevant. I have another hard disc (removable) on the same PC running WinXP and WinME. They work fine without problem on shutdown to poweroff the PC.

I encountered the same problem on another PC before running RH7.2 (or RH7.1. Sorry I could not remember exactly). It came from the problem in file

/etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc

by comment the line

#HaltCmd=/sbin/poweroff

after installation for unknown reason. I uncommented the line then it worked. But this time nothing affects the file /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc after installation

Stephen

At 12:16 PM 7/5/2002 -0400, Anthony Abby wrote:
I have this same problem on a dual booted Windows XP/RH 7.3 Compaq laptop.
It'll shut down but not power off.

Anthony