Need help getting Wireless card working on RH 7.2

I have a Thinkpad 760xl with 64m ram, RH 7.2, and for communications a
Buffalo pcmcia card. This card worked fine in WINdoze 98 to the AP. The
issues are the eth0 not showing up in the startup screen. lo starts just
fine, and I can ping it. also, how do I change from IEEE 802.11-DS to IEEE
802.11-b ??? No Ethernet hardware cards are in the pcmcia, only the Buffalo
pcmcia. I have probed for the mac of the Buffalo, and it found it, in the
wireless config.

When logged in as 'root', I show the following in the 'Network
Configuration':
Under the 'Hardware' tab -> nothing, totally empty.
Under the 'Device' tab -> eth0
General tab -> Nickname:eth0
activate device when computer starts
Protocol tab -> TCP/IP
Hardware Device tab -> Use Hardware Address: Buffalo MAC probed and
captured.

Under the 'Device tab' -> wifi <-- I added this device name
General tab -> Nickname:wifi
activate device when computer starts
Protocol tab -> TCP/IP
Hardware Device tab -> eth1 <- will not let me select eth0...
Wireless Settings tab ->
ESSID: 858015GROUP
Mode: auto
Channel: 6
Transmit Rate: auto

I can provide the cardctl responses, if needed.

thanks for the help.
Tom