From: -=CSBadBoy:[StarLog]=- <starlog csbadboyz net>
To: <redhat-install-list redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 6:41 AM
Subject: Gnu CC how to install compilers

I am running the vanilla install for laptop, of RH 7.2. Everything works,
but I would like to compile some
other programs. The script says, I need a gcc or cc compiler.

Cannot figure out how or where to get the compiler. any help is

appreciated.

It's on one of the 3 CDs in the subdirectory RedHat/RPMS It it's a default RedHat system, look in /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS on all 3 CDs. You will also need glibc-devel and make packages. Depending on what you want to compile, you may need other *-devel packages, automake or autoconf too.

I don't have my CDs handy, but it's there. Or go to
<ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.2/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS>

-Thomas