Unable to mount root fs - FastTrak 100 RAID PDC20267

Hello.

I am trying to install Redhat 7.2

I boot and get the following:

....... more was above...........
VFS: Cannot open root device "sda6" or 08:06
Please append a correct "root/=" boot option
Kernel panic: VFS Unable to mount root fs on 08:06

After searching newsgroups, it seems some suggest the
driver I used in "linux dd" for the install may not
have been applied for every boot.

The driver instructions say what to do when I get to a
command line prompt.  However, I cannot get to the
command line prompt, because I believe it fails on
trying to mount root at sda6.

This seems like a chicken-and-the-egg problem.  I
would apply the driver permanently if I could get to
the command line (booted).  However, I cannot get to
the point to apply the driver.

Thoughts?

I am dealing with RAID10 with a FastTrak 100 RAID
PDC20267 Controller on the SUPER P3TDDE motherboard.

I got the driver from
http://www.promise.com/support/linux2_eng.asp?mode=linux_download&product_id=15

"FastTrak Series Linux Driver Version 1.2.0.14
Installation Note for RedHat Linux [11/06/2001]"

Thanks for any help.
Michael

=====
Michael Finney
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform
Cofounder of PPJDG
Cofounder of cosAgile - Colorado Springs XP Users Group
If replying to this email address fails, try finney ACM org