Re: Sendmail problem in RH 7.2

All,

thanks for everyone's help. I was able to get the mail exchanger work on
7.2 by adding the mydomain.com on local-host-names file. I also added
<host>.mydomain.com on it as well. Now email sending to
<user>.mydomain.com  will get relay to the 7.2 mail exchanger. And mail
can send out to different host from 7.2 mail exchanger.

First, my question is did sendmail.cw (in 6.x) works the same way as
local-host-names (7.x)?

Secondly, I set up another 7.2 machine. But this time I have to add
mydomain.com to the /etc/mail/access in order to resolve the relay
denied issue. But when I try to send mail to mydomain.com, the mail
exchanger (7.2) got the following errors.

"did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA....".

This seems to happen only between two 7.2 hosts. Every time you send
eamil from 7.2 to another 7.2 box, I got the same error from the
destination host. I have no problem sending mail between 7.2 and 6.x

Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
EDDIE