Re: Change computer name

Hi..

Can you go in the system??
If not, do next..
Insert your installation disc and boot as linux rescue..
This will mount your system on /mnt/sysimg or somenthing like this..

Go to
/mnt/sysimg/etc/sysconfig
and edit the file network... here you set the name of the system change it and that`s all..

The cd to network-scripts
and edit ifcfg-eth0
and change also hostname for the newname

After that check is the command hostname is avaliable an do hostname newname

type exit and take out cdrom..
Your system will come out with the new name...

Hope it helps...

P.D. For editing check is pico is available 'cause is more friendly than vi or emacs

See ya!!