Re: Samba Help

On Saturday, July 20, 2002 8:22 AM,  "Scott Mrtens" <sjmertens2 attbi com>
wrote:

> I am trying to share a printer with Samba for two users on WIN XP
> boxes.  In the smb.conf file I have added under the printers section the
> following
>
> [printers]
> comment = ALL Printers
> path = /var/spool/samba
> browseable = yes
> writable = yes
> printable = yes
>
> I have also added the workgroup name to
> workgroup = home
>
> In the services applet, I have started samba, but although I can see the
> computer in Windows network neighborhood, I can not see a printer.  I
> must be missing something.

You have the routine down pat....but make sure that the Windows machines are
configured for clients for M$ networks and global settings. This hasn't
changed very much from Windows NT and W2k. Use the following as a additional
reference point:
http://www.linuxorbit.com/howto/sambahowto.php3. :-)

Walter
wworth prodigy net
If you tried installing a MS-DOS\Windows\Linux combo years ago -- it was
quite difficult and painstaking -- now it is almost as easy as the former --
Unknown