Re: Mount

On Saturday, July 20, 2002 11:19 AM,  "Scott Mrtens" <sjmertens2 attbi com>
wrote:

> How do I mount hdb5?  It is a FAT32 partition, and I want to be able to
> share files between NT and Linux machines using this partition.
>
> I suppose once I get it mounted, I have to use samba to share it. I have
> been unable to get a printer to share in smaba yet.

Generally, it is accomplished like this  and I am providing this info
without knowing the specifics of your machines config:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Partition/formating.html. You may also want
to consult this KB Article Q305609 which deals with XP networking. XP is
still "new" technology and will probably get better with 64-bit computing.
OTOH, perhaps if you would share with us...in abbreviated fashion the
specifics. I have Linux installed on both FAT16\ FAT32 and native Linux
partitions. Sometimes its best to keep the OSes on separate partitions or
different hard drives. We will not go into the details of "why".
Alternatively until we sort the problem out, there are alternatives:
http://www.brooksnet.com/printserver.html &
http://www.xlink.com/nfs_products/Omni-Print_LPD_LPR/Omni-Print_LPD_LPR.htm
 :-)

Walter