Re: Using a dual screen Video Card.

Thanks for your help. I'll try this.
When I've looked few weeks ago at the NVidia Web site the informations contained was not so clear, as it is.
Regards
Pascal Miquet

Ernie Bisson, MIT Bates Linear Accelerator wrote:
Hello,

We've got an NVidia geForce with dual screnn capacity. How this could be
used on our RH 7.3 System.
Should xinerama installed for make this works.

I just setup a dual display system with a NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX440 on a RH7.0
system. I used drivers obtained from NVIDIA's web site to get it to work.
Below are instructions I sent the company I buy my systems from so they
could preload Linux and make sure everything worked.

To get drivers for this goto http://nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=linux.

You should download a copy of the README file in STEP 2.

In STEP 3B, download NVchooser and run it. This will tell you what other files
you need to download. Before running NVchooser, do "chmod u+x NVchooser.sh".

Read the README file for detailed installation instructions.

The README file also describes how to configure something called TWINVIEW.
This apparently is what is used for configuring the d ual displays.

They actually pre-installed RH7.3. Once I got the system I reloaded RH7.0
and installed the drivers. I'm using the same XF86Config-4 they used with
RH7.3 to get the dual display to work. Below is what the "Screen" section
looks like, which contains TWINVIEW options.

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "NVIDIA GeForce 4 (generic)"
Monitor "Monitor0"
Option "TwinView"
Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "28-65"
Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "48-65"
Option "MetaModes" "1280x1024,1280x1024; 1024x768,1024X768"
Option "TwinViewOrientation" "RightOf"
Option "ConnectdMonitor" "DFP, DFP"
Option "NoLogo"
DefaultDepth 16