From: DaybreakHD aol com [mailto:DaybreakHD aol com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 9:13 AM
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
Subject: Installing Red Hat Linux 6.2 on a Gateway 2000

I hope I am emailing the right place and not too many people.

I am trying to install 6.2 onto a Gateway 2000 PC.

I cannot follow the intructions in "Master Red Hat Linux Visually" because
it expects that the CD-ROM, which is my e: drive, will be seen when the PC
is started in MS-DOS mode. It can't be seen.

I have tried to do a hard disk copy (as per Gotcha's and Workarounds) from
the CD but the translation tables will not copy from the various directories
- which makes me suspicious there is something wrong The error comes up
"File not Found".

If anybody is kind enough to respond could they not send attachments as I
will not open them.

Many thanks.

Regards

Howard