RE: Problem with KDE 3.0.0-10 and 2.4.18-5 Kernel

I tried to run Xconfigurator and at the end of the configuration, (yes I was logged in as root ;), it said that there was a Problem with your X configuration. Tried this within KDE and at the failsafe.

ideas?

From: "Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold" <friz godshell com>
To: <redhat-install-list redhat com>
Subject: RE: Problem with KDE 3.0.0-10 and 2.4.18-5 Kernel
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:50:50 -0400

Greetings...  I figured I'd try and answer this one since I've
encountered it as well...  (And, at least this proves I'm not crazy!)

I can't guarantee this will work since I was unable to completely test
it, but after encountering the same exact problem, I ran
XConfigurator...  It doesn't make much sense as to why this would fix
the problem, but it did in my case...

Perhaps you can try this and then let the rest of us know if it works?

Thanks,

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
friz godshell com
RHCE - 807302349405893
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone
and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the
source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the
Tao of Programming."