Nervous about Upgrading

My computer uses Red Hat 6.1 as its operating system and is now in need
of upgrading to Red Hat 7.x.  As I am not a computer geek and having
read the gotchas and this list I am distinctly nervous about doing so.
I don't mind learning and have some books on  Linux and Red Hat but I do
need a "productive" machine so I can keep working.  Am I likely to run
into many problems on upgrading, the machine is used for mainly email
with clients,some downloading from the web and Star Office as the
"workhorse" programme to produce the documents etc.

Thanks

Roy