Re: Partition Question

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 03:35:05PM -0400, Karl-Heinz Schulz wrote:
> I need to add another HDD to create some room for my /var partition.
> Would is the better choice - moving the data and to change the fstab or
> to create a link to a the new HDD?
>
> TIA

I think you're going to have to move the data to the new HD in either
case.  Unless you're going to put, say, /var/log on one drive and the
rest of /var on the other, there's no way to use the space on both
drives for /var, unless you're going to use RAID to "concatenate" the
two partitions.

After that, it may well be as broad as it is long.  My own preference
would be to change fstab.

Cheers,
robertmcclure earthlink net  http://www.cumbytel.com/~bobcatos/