Dual boot boot disk problems

C:\ = 6Gb with Windows 2000 Professional (NTFS)
D:\ = 4Gb, 1Gb = NTFS, 3Gb = RedHat 7.1 (installed today)

During the installation, I selected the option that doesn't put Lilo on the
MBR. A boot disk was created but when rebooted, the PC reported:

: Boot failed. Please change disks and press a key to continue.

Is that a bad disk? I've been trying (and failing miserably) to create a
boot disk (I guess that's the next step) using another PC that's running
RedHat 7.1 going on instructions found on the web (below), and everything's
OK until the lilo command.

fdformat /dev/fd0H1440 # Lay tracks on new diskette
mkfs -t minix /dev/fd0 1440 # Create minix file system on floppy
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy # Mount floppy
cp -p /boot/chain.b /mnt/floppy # Copy chain loader
cp -p /boot/boot* /mnt/floppy
lilo -v -C /etc/lilo.floppy # Install lilo and the map onto floppy
umount /mnt/floppy

The last line but one returns the message "/etc/lilo.floppy: No such file or
directory". Am I going down the right track? Is that line intended to copy
lilo and the /etc/lilo.conf file from one PC onto the floppy?

And if you make a boot disk using a PC that doesn't have a Windows
partition, do you have to edit the lilo.conf file on the floppy so that when
used in the PC running W2K Pro, it points to the correct partition on the D:
drive?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

--
Aidan