Upgrading my kernal

I have the Guiness release of RedHat, and I would like to install the
current kernal, the question is.... how would I go about doing it? I tend to
live by the philosophy, if it's not broke, don't fix it... but i need a
better kernal for USB support. Besides, the machine is just a gateway, and
not for production, I only need it to filter internet traffic for about 15
users. I've looked around for a howto, and I've not found one on
specifically upgrading the kernal, but I think that I may have to dive in,
and compile one from scratch. Any suggestions would be very welcome!!