Pre-installation sanity check RH7.2 on Toshiba Tecra 8100

Esteemed fellow list members,
I want to finally kick Windows off my laptop, install RH and "CrossOver
Office"  (http://www.codeweavers.com/home/ ) for those still essential
MS business apps. Here's my (probably usual) dilemma. This laptop is
used for business and personal purposes **every day**, so it can't be
down pending resolution of some minor-but-baffling installation glitch.
I would like to post the system specs to see if any of the gurus out
there can foresee a problem with the hardware. So here goes. Apologies
if this is long, but I truly need to be sure. I don't want to have to
give up and reinstall Win2K.
First the laptop lives full time on docking stations, both at the
office, and an identical one at home. To make things as simple as
possible some time back I made the home dock IP addy the same as the
office. Worked for Windows, presumably it'll work as well or better for
Linux, but I wonder abou the MAC addresses being different, yet having
the same IP. Anyone see a problem with this so far?

Here are the specs;

System Manufacturer	TOSHIBA
System Model		TECRA 8100
System Type			X86-based PC
Processor			x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~50 Mhz
BIOS Version		TECRA8100    v2.30   TOSHIBA
----------------------------------
>From the Intel CPU ID utility:
Processor Name: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Processor
CPU Type: 0
CPU Family: 6
CPU Model: 8
CPU Stepping: 6
CPU Revision: B
L1 Instruction Cache: 16 KB
L1 Data Cache:  16 KB
L2 Cache:  256 KB
Packaging: µPGA/BGA2
MMX: Yes
SIMD: Yes
SIMD2: No
NetBurst(TM) microarchitecture: No
Reported processor Frequency: 850 MHz
Reported System Bus Frequency: 100 MHz
Expected processor Frequency: 850 MHz
Expected System Bus Frequency: 100 MHz
----------------------------------

Total Physical Memory		523,696 KB
Available Physical Memory	307,528 KB
Total Virtual Memory		1,799,752 KB
----------------------------------

IRQ data:
1. Conflicts
IRQ 7		Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
IRQ 7		Toshiba FIR Port Type-DO
IRQ 7		YAMAHA DS-XG PCI Audio CODEC (WDM)
IRQ 7		3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX
Compatible) NOTE: DOCKING STATION NIC!
IRQ 11	Toshiba ToPIC100 CardBus Controller
IRQ 11	Toshiba ToPIC100 CardBus Controller

2. IRQ data
9	Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
13	Numeric data processor
1	Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
12	PS/2 Compatible Mouse
8	System CMOS/real time clock
6	Standard floppy disk controller
4	Communications Port (COM1)
14	Primary IDE Channel
15	Secondary IDE Channel
7	Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
7	Toshiba FIR Port Type-DO
7	YAMAHA DS-XG PCI Audio CODEC (WDM)
7	3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)
NOTE: DOCKING STATION NIC
3	TOSHIBA Internal V.90 Modem 		NOTE: NEVER USED
11	Toshiba ToPIC100 CardBus Controller
11	Toshiba ToPIC100 CardBus Controller
-------------------------------------
Graphics Card Data (The biggie)
Name				S3 Graphics Savage/MX 86c290
PNP Device ID
PCI\VEN_5333&DEV_8C10&SUBSYS_00011179&REV_11\4&415A68E&0&0008
Adapter Type		S3 Savage/MX, S3 Graphics, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description	S3 Graphics Savage/MX 86c290
Adapter RAM			8.00 MB (8,388,608 bytes)
Installed Drivers		s3savmx.dll
Driver Version		5.12.01.7075-7.40.44
INF File			oem19.inf (S3SavageMX section)
Color Planes		1
Color Table Entries	65536
Resolution			1024 x 768 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel			16
-------------------------------------
Hard Drive Data

Volume Serial Number		0CEEEA0D
Partition				Disk #0, Partition #0
Partition Size			14.72 GB (15,808,955,904 bytes)
Starting Offset			32256 bytes
Drive Description	Disk drive
Drive Manufacturer		(Standard disk drives)
Drive Model				TOSHIBA MK2016GAP
Drive BytesPerSector		512
Drive MediaLoaded			True
Drive MediaType			Fixed hard disk media
Drive Partitions			4
Drive SCSIBus			0
Drive SCSILogicalUnit		0
Drive SCSIPort			0
Drive SCSITargetId		0
Drive SectorsPerTrack		63
Drive Size				20003880960 bytes
Drive TotalCylinders		2432
Drive TotalSectors		39070080
Drive TotalTracks			620160
Drive TracksPerCylinder		255
------------------------------------
CDROM
Description	CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded	True
Media Type		CD-ROM
Name			TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2402
Manufacturer	(Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status		OK
Transfer Rate	249.11 kbytes/sec
SCSI Target ID	0
PNP Device ID
IDE\CDROMTOSHIBA_DVD-ROM_SD-C2402________________1317____\31313030303632
30333220202020202020202020

That's it apart from an MS USB optical Intellimouse and an external
floppy drive.

Sorry to include such a mess of data but I thought it was better to do
it this way rather than chew up anyone's time (and bandwidth by adding
bits and pieces that might be asked for subsequently.

This is a big step and one that I've resisted for years until a close
friend gave me 7.2 CD's he didn't know what to do with, so I would
*really* appreciate any experienced help from list members.

Kind Regards to all & TIA
-Colin
--
Colin J. Raven