Re: sharing floppy drive via samba

On 1 Jul 2003 at 22:00, Steeve McCauley wrote:

> You'll want to play with the
>
> force user
> force group
> force create mode
> force directory mode
>
> options in smb.conf.  "man 5 smb.conf" for details.

Thanks Steeve, force user did the trick.  I should have tried that
myself, but for some obscure reason I was concentrating on playing
around with the permissions of /mnt/floppy, mount and fstab.

For the record, the shard of smb.conf follows:
# Floppy_drive
[floppy]
   comment = floppy
   path = /mnt/floppy