Re: Redhat-install-list digest, Vol 1 #3753 - 13 msgs

Message: 12
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:33:43 -0700
From: Rick Stevens
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
Subject: Re: Dial up connection

Chris Crowley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed RH 9.0 on my Sony Vaio PVC RS220 and have
> problem in setting the dial up connection to my ISP(MSN). Could
> you tell me how to set it up correctly. Here is my current hardware:
>
> Modem : Agere System, AC'97 Modem.
> Network Card : WAN PPP/SLIP interface

That's one of those g*d d*mn winmodems (a pox on all winmodem
makers!)

If it's a Via chipset, you may survive with a driver from
www.linmodems.org. You need to do an "lspci -vv" command and find the
device ID for the card.

Search that website for your chipset.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer rstevens vitalstream com -
- VitalStream, Inc. http://www.vitalstream.com -
- -
- Whoever said "Money can't buy friends" obviously never brought -
- donuts to the office. -