dedicated computer for RH9?

Hello all.

I have 2 choices, so I would like to hear your opinions.

I can either install RH9 Pro on my present XP Pro machine, or, I will
build a dedicated one just for RH9.

What are your experiences with dual boot?

Now, assuming, I go for a dedicated RH9 machine, could someone suggest
the best parts for it?
CPU, graphic cards, motherboards, etc...?

Ideally, I would love to install a dual boot machine, but I hear of the
nightmares...

The best scenario for me, would be to build a 2nd PC, again Win Xp
Pro/RH9 to test things on. So I still need the info I asked for.
Also, do I get 2 HDD or split the hard drive? Any suggestions from
someone that has been there?
Which do I install first Win XP, or RH9?

Also, what are the most compatible hardware?

TIA