Re: nVIDIA driver 1.0-4363 installed, how about XF86Config?

Unfortunately, I can't get back to check on the XF86Config settings that
I had in Mandrake 9.0 to make a comparison.  (I removed Mandrake 9.0)

Mandrake 9.0, without the nVIDIA driver installed, did allow me to start
TUX racer and Chromium, even without 3D acceleration.

RH9 won't allow to start the games without a 3D driver.  Nothing
happens.

I don't worry too much about this issue myself, since I'm not at all a
gamer.  But my little son is a WinXp believer.  So I got egg on my face,
if I can't set-up Linux being as powerful as it should be.

I also have a sound issue, which I mentioned on this support list a
couple of days ago, but that's a different story.

Albert