Re: How do I install FTP and Telnet on Linux V9.0

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 09:07:24PM -0700, Tony Cao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How do I install FTP and Telnet on Linux V9.0?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Tony Cao

Client or server?  If client, it's already installed.  If server, it
may already be installed, and all you need to do is turn it on.  But
before you do, have a look at my piece on security:

http://www.rhil.net/docs/security.html

In a nutshell, if you are on a firewall-protected network, turn on
telnet if you must, but even there, you are far better off using
Secure SHell (SSH from the openssh RPM).  Telnet is a world-class
security hole.

Cheers,
robertmcclure earthlink net  http://www.cumbytel.com/~bobcatos/
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life
for his friends." - John 15:13  Thanks be to our fallen.