Re: Majordomo - anyone familiar that can help?

Waldher, Travis R wrote:
I know it's off topic, but I know a lot here use it.

I am getting this error:

---------------------------------------
MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_resend)!!

Mailer /usr/lib/sendmail -C /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.majordomo -oi -oee
-fowner-mylist-postmaster insertdomainanme com unixadm-postmaster-list
exited unexpectedly with error 71

Error 71 is "EPROTO" or a protocol error. You really need to look at the /var/log/maillog file to see exactly what's going on. If sendmail is calling a delivery agent, _it_ may be dying an passing its error back to sendmail, which does the final reporting. Hopefully the delivery agent will leave a trace in the log.

Alternately, you can issue the same command from the command line, but
add a "-v" to it and watch the delivery process take place.  You may
see what's happening.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens vitalstream com -
-       "I'd explain it to you, but your brain might explode."       -