Linux Visibility on Microsoft Network

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuaroste at yahoo.es
Mon Apr 5 18:36:19 UTC 2004

"Wesa, Richard (GE Consumer & Industrial)" <Richard.Wesa at ge.com> wrote:Hello,
I am a very new beginner to Linux. I am trying to make a new installation of Red Hat Linux 9 server Visible
and usable on a large General Electric Windows NT Network. When I define a WINS I.P. in the smb.conf the server becomes visible on the Windows network. When I click on the server it returns a network error. Samba is configured
with me as a user but I cannot see any resources. What am I doing wrong?
I would really appreciate some help.
Richard Wesa

Is your smbd and nmbd running?
Can you send us your /etc/smb.conf?

--

Manuel Aróstegui Linux user 200896
http://manuel.todo-linux.com

    Antivirus • Filtros antispam • 6 MB gratis
    ¿Todavía no tienes un correo inteligente?