GNU Compiler - Lost gcc296 file

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Apr 6 17:01:26 UTC 2004

May Galan wrote:
> Hi Stuart
> Further to the question..can we just copy the file into Intel 80386 to IA-64
> or reinstall package should be done
> Please advise. Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Example, below..If my file gcc-ssa be lost in the Itanium server and I still
> have the one in Intel 32-bit, can I just copy it across platform??

NOOOOOO!  The x86 and IA-64 platforms are NOT COMPATIBLE!  TOTALLY
different processors!  It will NOT work.

The AMD Opteron can run Athlon and x86 32-bit code, the Itanium
absolutely cannot.  That's one reason to use Opterons or Athlon-64s.

-                       When in doubt, mumble.                       -