Linux Visibility on Microsoft Network

Wesa, Richard (GE Consumer & Industrial) Richard.Wesa at ge.com
Thu Apr 8 18:05:34 UTC 2004

Mark,
Very nice dissertation. Thanks for all of the keystrokes. I agree with much of what you said.
As you may have guessed, General Electric has a HUGE Microsoft network.
Recent rumor says GE is considering conversion of servers to Linux for two reasons.
1. Viruses
2. Licensing costs
I'm sure the thousands of workstations will remain Windows for quite some time.
I just thought I would get ahead of the game and experiment with a Linux server and play around
with security. Maybe even use it for some real server work on the network for my clients.
Thanks again for your thoughts. I really appreciate it.
Have a wonderful Easter weekend.
Richard