Linux Visibility on Microsoft Network

Waldher, Travis R Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com
Thu Apr 8 18:54:14 UTC 2004

If it's anything like the company I work for... The help desk ticket
won't help you.

Start asking around, find your Windows 2000 system admins, find out who
the "renegades" are, out there in the company.  Go talk to them, they
may know something.

In my experience, company IT groups are like the borg, but also slow,
bloated, and at times, very unhelpful.  Find the ones that are looking
to the future, and thinking outside the box for help.

Linux - don't give up on it... Just step away, do something else for a
few days and come back.

I'm a nearly 10 years M$ system admin, that's been learning linux in
this last year... It can be learned, just takes patience, reading, and
helpful lists, such as this.