ES 3 LDAP .. no slapd.conf

Stewart Walker swalker at caspercollege.edu
Sun Apr 11 06:36:35 UTC 2004

Just installed Red Hat ES 3.
went in to set up slapd.conf but it isn't there.

/etc/ldap exist with some of the files.

find / shows no slapd.conf on the system

rpm -qa shows ldap is installed.
Something is different compared to ES 2.51.

No ldap service option in the Services GUI.

There is an LDAP configure option in the System Setup .. Network ..
Servers menu option.

Can't imagine the install not installing all of the files.

Also can any one point me to a how-to on switching from
ldbm data base to the sleepycat Berkley dbm database.
I've found lots of documentation concerning both the dbm and ldbm
databases not nothing on making the switch from on to the other.

Thanks
Stew

--
       \\|//