IBM RSA-II card on RHAS2.1

Matthew Galgoci mgalgoci at redhat.com
Tue Apr 13 14:40:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Stamper, Steve wrote:

> I have RHAS2.1 running on an IBM x345 server and all seems to be OK.  I now
> want to configure the Remote Supervisor Adapter-II and am having a problem
> finding how-to documentation on the ibm.com website.
>
> Can anyone who has this running give me a hint where I can look?

I think most of the service processor cards function independantly of the
OS, so it would stand to reason that you can configure the service processor.

I've no idea how to configure the ibm service processor you speak of, but I
do know that on the pseries you just connect a null modem cable to the
serial port and run a terminal emulator at 9600,n,8,1 with no flow control.

For documentation, I'd start digging through the info that shipped with your
server. What you are looking for might be burried on dead tree or on cdrom in
a pdf format. Failing that, contact your IBM sales rep.

--
Matthew Galgoci
System Administrator and Sr. Manager of Ruminants