linux ext2 or ext3...

pamntom pamntom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 17 19:34:43 UTC 2004

Ha! Found a FAQ page for the explanation:
http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/FAQs/ext3-faq.html
I will go with linux ext3. My question is still out there for anyone's
help though. What's the best partition considering my goal?

   These are my options using Partition magic (v8) as I am about to
begin with an installation of RH9: FAT - NTFS - Linux ext2 - Linux ext3
- Linux swap.
What are the differences? Don't need swap space (yet), so I am down to
four options. I am going to assume that I want linux, but which
partition choice?
I have a new Dell workstation (Precision 450) running EXP, and I plan to
have a dual boot WXP/RH9 using Grub as my loader, and samba to talk to
my other NT systems. Also: I have a low-end ATI video card, as a default
for now.

Any suggestions? (Haven't purchased Partition Magic yet, just demo, so
please let me know if there's something else, something better.Grub,
too.)

Tom Allen
(no worries, no rush. - this is just weekend fun!... At least, this is
what I keep telling myself . )