HugeTLB memory allocated - Re: Grub problem with Promise RAID

gerry nix gerrynix at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 15:36:39 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I have abandoned the Promise Raid and Installed ES 3.0 on
a 120 MB drive attached to the first IDE... /dev/hda

Installation flew by, no probs. However, on reboot, we get
to this point "Total HugeTLB memory allocated, 0" (that's a
zero)... and no further.

Intel system board - 2.4 P4 - 1 G memory -
Any advice is appreciated.
--
Nix

gerry nix <gerrynix at yahoo.com> wrote:

ES 3.0

Promise Raid - set for Mirror

Installation went great. However, the device for the RAID was forced
to /dev/hde during install (not hda as usual).

I can't boot from the hard drive, but can boot just fine from the
boot floppy I made. I've done that, and did a # grub-install /dev/hde
.... but still can boot from the drive. Any ideas?
--
Nix
redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com