Restore Windows Boot

I want to remove a hard drive from my computer and replace with another. I have a grub dual boot setup with linux rh9 on the drive I want to replace. How do I remove grub and restore the original windows single operating system boot so windows will boot normally after I remove the hard drive that has linux on it. I plan to reinstall linux on the new drive after I install it; I just don't want to screw up and lose access to my windows drive during the removal and replacement process. I found a few strings re. removal of old kernals but nothing specific to safe linux/grub/dual boot removal and restoration of original windows single boot setup.

David