Disk space issue during install.

Jon Goodridge Jon at goodridge.us
Thu Apr 22 13:57:12 UTC 2004

Rick,

	Thanks for your help.  I finally got RH9 to load by deleting the
partition and letting install set up what it wanted in the free space.
  I ended up with a 100MB "/boot" and a 3.9GB root "/" partition.  Does
Red Hat require /boot to be separate partition from "/" ?

	Anyway I was able to install RH9, but it would not boot.   Most likely
I have something wrong in lilo.conf.  linux on /boot went fine, but
then I kept getting read-only on "/".

	I now have more serious problems.  I decided to delete the install (it
was a minimum install for testing anyway).   I deleted the RH9
partition.  Now my partition table has become corrupted.   Disk Druid
can't read it and bombs.   I put osl2000 on the drive just to see if it
could read the partition table.  osl2000 saw the Mandrake 10.0
partitions, however, when I tried to boot Mandrake lilo gave me:

	"L99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99........." for about 1/3 of the
screen and then died.

	So are there any partition wizards out there who can help ?

Txs,
\JonG