can't boot after a problem-less installation of redhat ES 2.1

Naeem Shah nshah at hod.com.sa
Mon Apr 26 23:57:56 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I am trying to install redhat ES 2.1 to a P-3 intel pentium PC with 256 RAM
and 40 GB hd. Installation phase completes without even a single difficulty.
At last screen of the installation, it asks to press enter so that the
system could boot with linux. The boot process seems to start ok and it gets
down to somelines without any problem. Then it display the following line
and get stuck for ever: (I dont remember the full line) but I am sure it is
something to do with my system BIOS settings. But what it could be exactly?
I have successfully installed redhat 7.1 on this machine without any
problems.

apm: BIOS version ......

pls help me out on how to get resolve this problem?

Naeem