having problem with FTP connection

IAK Tanoli sendtoimtiaz at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 02:35:43 UTC 2004

do rpm -qa | grep ftp to check which ftp packages are installed. check /etc/rc.d/init.d/ for ftp service.

Naeem Shah <nshah at hod.com.sa> wrote:
Hi professionals,

I am new to redhat. Got installed redhat ES 2.1 and wondering how to enable
ftp connection. I have fixed the telnet by modified the file named "telnet"
under /etc/xinetd.d. But I have not found anything related to ftp or wu-ftp.

Please share your experience on how to set it up. please be noted that
whenever i try to initiate the ftp client connection, it errors out with
"Error: 10036, connection refused"

Naeem

redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com

Imtiaz Ahmed Khan