SMP and network

administrator tootai admin at tootai.net
Thu Apr 29 08:23:49 UTC 2004

Hi list,

I have an P166MMX router under RH73 kernel 2.4.24. I want to switch to a
bi processor Celeron PII on ASUS motherboard. I update my .config file like:

- change processor from MMX to Celeron
- activate SMP with 2 processors defined
- remove APM
- activate ACPI

When I boot, everything is fine except that I can't have network
working. I have 2 network cards and one ADSL PCI card. I get message
"check if cards are plugged and working" when trying to modprobe modules.

Have someone idea where to look? Could it be an APIC problem?

Thanks for any hint

--
daniel