GLIBC_2.0 not defined libc.so.6 with link time reference on redhat 9

Vincent BIRRE vbirre at lelievre.tm.fr
Fri Apr 30 07:35:12 UTC 2004

I found the solution to install notes Domino, it missing an env var likes:

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=<kernel-version>
kernel-version must be  2.4.1 ou 2.2.5 if you want the  threads Linux  with
or without "flowting point" .

Thanks for yoour response.

Best Regards,

Vincent BIRRE
vbirre at lelievre.tm.fr

             Rick Stevens
             <rstevens at vitalst
             ream.com>                                                   A
             Envoyé par :              Getting started with Red Hat Linux
             redhat-install-li         <redhat-install-list at redhat.com>
             st-bounces at redhat                                          cc
             .com
                                                                     Objet
                                       Re: GLIBC_2.0 not defined libc.so.6
             29/04/2004 23:09          with link time reference on redhat
                                       9

             Veuillez répondre
              Getting started
               with Red Hat
                   Linux
             <redhat-install-l
              ist at redhat.com>

Vincent BIRRE wrote:

> hi list,
>
> I have an Redhat 9 and i want to install a Domino server on it .
>
> But when i want to install it i have this message.
>
> Have someone idea where to look?
> thancks for your help.
>

> /opt/lotus/notes/latest/linux/http: relocation error:
> /opt/lotus/notes/latest/linux/libnotes.so: symbole _res, version
GLIBC_2.0
> not defined libc.so.6 with link time reference

That usually indicates that libnotes.so is built for a glibc V2 system
rather than the current glibc V2.2 system.  If that's the case, then you
need to get a newer version of Notes--one that's compatible with glibc
V2.2.
-  Time: Nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.  -
redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com