Q: about reformat disk where Linux and Window coexist

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Tue Aug 31 16:34:33 UTC 2004

I think that the easiest way to remove Linux partitions is to use
fdisk from Linux. You can boot Linux from rescue disk or installation
disks in rescue mode, then run fdisk fron the command line and delete
any partitions including Linux ones. Fdisk from Windows could not delete
partiton types of which are not known to Windows (it include Linux
partitions).
Linux fdisk does not check the partitoon types or contents and, could
delete or
modify any partition.

Alexey Fadyushin.
Brainbench MVP for Linux.