Gnome X on RH9

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Fri Aug 6 01:16:42 UTC 2004

>> gnome and it worked just fine. I changed a couple display settings and it
>> blew up, but reversing them doesn't fix it... screen resolution.
Wouldn't KDE also have a problem working if it was DNS?

> KDE does some different ownership stuff than Gnome does.  There are also
some differences with device naming and interactions with kudzu.

Ownership... Since Gnome starts after a reboot, I wonder if there's
something being changed in /tmp/.* that is affecting this thing. I have
rc.local cleaning out /tmp on reboots... [gone looking]

> I'm going to have to think about this a bit.  Right now, I'm kinda busy
figuring out how to tweak an FTP server to allow chrooted people to
traverse a symlink to another volume.

Doesn't wu-ftp lock out following symlinks? The only way I've gotten
symlinks to work was by using sftp.

Karl

Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens at vitalstream.com - -
VitalStream, Inc.                       http://www.vitalstream.com - -
                                                                 - -
     "How does that damned three seashell thing work?"         - -
                    - Sylvester Stallone, "Demolition Man"   -