modem installation

Ted Potter tpotter at techmarin.com
Fri Aug 6 17:21:54 UTC 2004

Greetings,

Running RH9 - I just happened along an internal modem and for grins
thought I would try it. Was not expecting much as it came out of a dell
windows machine (XP) but what the hey.

the new hardware found screen came up and listed it as:

conexant hsf/56k data/fax/voice/spkp modem and offered to install it.
Cool said I perhaps it will just work.

minicom and internet connection manager all say "device busy" when I try
testing on ttyS0 ttyS1 and /dev/modem. I noticed during boot the irg for
the modem seems to set to 10 shared with the video card I think.

I have disabled both com ports in bios.

If someone has a quick idea to get it to work that would be great.
Otherwise I can fall back on my external modem.

I appreciate any comments.

Thanks !

Ted Potter

--