Windows 2000 and RedHat 8.0 on HP Pavilion

Tian Ming Pan pantm at cn.ibm.com
Mon Aug 9 01:30:33 UTC 2004

Hello,
I install the linux on VM, I need the initrd file during the install
process.And the 64bit system is ok.

Melroy Rodrigues <meldiscuss at yahoo.com>
Sent by: redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com
2004-08-09 09:01
Please respond to Getting started with Red Hat Linux

        To:     redhat-install-list at redhat.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Windows 2000 and RedHat 8.0 on HP Pavilion

Hi,

I have installed Windows 2000 and Red Hat Linux 8.0
but for some reason LILO does not show  up. I had
selected it when I installed Lunix. I know there is a
way I can get in as a root and run LILO to fix this
but I am unaware of how to get in as root or any other
user as right now when I boot I got directly to
windows. I do have the installation disks with me and
had used them earlier to rectify the same problem
earlier. There is a command I can use at the boot:
prompt but my mind is failing me now.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Melroy