Need Help Installing RH8 on Laptop

TekknoDraykko at aol.com TekknoDraykko at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 02:25:39 UTC 2004

Hi all.
I just bought a new laptop (60M HD, 1.6G RAM), and I'm trying to install
RedHat 8.0 on it. The installation seems to complete without a hitch, but when I
try to boot it up I get the following error:

PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on PCI bus 00 device f9, VID=8086,  DID=24ca
PCI: Device 00:1f.1 not available because of resource collisions
PCI_IDE: (ide_setup_pci_device:) Could not enable device

Does anyone know what this means? I tried re-installing several times
without success. the first install I tried using Workstation, the last install I
tried Personal, and yet this error persists. If you have any information I'd
really appreciate it. Thanks.

Andre