samba config help

sandeep shivasharan sanshiv51123 at mail.com
Wed Aug 25 06:27:24 UTC 2004

hi lists,

i have installed RH9. i have tried to configure Samba with the following details;

workgroup : workgoup
server string : samba server
host allow : 192.168.0.    127.
security : user
encrypt password = yes
smb password file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
unix password sync = Yes
passwd program /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*password* %u\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
*passwd*:all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
pam password change = yes
obey pam restrictions = yes
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
dns proxy = no

[xyz]
    comment = xyz file space
    path = /home/xyz
    writeable = yes
    browseable = yes
    public = yes

[abc]
    comment = abc file space
    path = /home/abc
    writeable = yes
    browseable = yes
    public = yes

I am facing a problem when accessing the shares from Windows machine.
It allows me to login to xyz N not to abc during the current session. if i had to login
to abc I have to log off the current session, and then again login to abc.
But then i cannot access to xyz. i have even tried

security = share , but still the same problem.

Do i have left something in the samba configuration.

thanks in advance,
sandeep