modprobe

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Sat Dec 4 19:49:36 UTC 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Bob McClure Jr wrote:

> /etc/modules.conf has been replaced by /etc/modprobe.conf.

OK, so I have the modprobe.conf file - any suggestions?

I only have ONE kernel loaded as I haven't done an update yet.
I'd tried this before and ran into the kernel problem so I
re-installed everything to get a fresh start (my notebook has
nothing on it but Linux and I keep it very clean so I can just
format and install without worries.

One thing I've done different this time is I used the rpm to
install ndiswrapper - I'm assuming it did everything in up to the
point of "ndiswrapper -i bcmw15.inf" which is where I started
from but everyone knows what assume means.

I'm at home today (on and off) so I'll check back in so any
suggestions would be great.

Brad